Famitsu this week has new details on Final Fantasy XV. The details ranges from staff information to expanded character descriptions to random development tidbits from a lengthy interview.
- Noctis Lucis Caelum (CV: Tatsuhisa Suzuki) – The Crown Prince of the Lucis kingdom. Due to an accident during his childhood, he can see the “light” from the heavens which foreshadows a person’s death. (Basically, he has eyes that let him foresee a person’s death. That imminent death is symbolized by a “light”—cue “eyes that can see the light of expiring souls” in the trailer.) Noctis dislikes the strict and rigid rules of the kingdom and acts as he pleases, thus causing trouble for his peers. He is a man of great confidence, but the most important thing about him is that he protects his friends.
- Gladiolus Amicitia (CV: Kenta Miyake) – The eldest child of the Amicitia house. He’s the “shield” of the royal family and is sworn to protect them for generations. He has a powerful physique and a “raptores” tattoo on his arm and breast. He raised Noct from his early childhood days and considers him his brother, almost surpassing the relationship of a family. He has a very good relationship with the royal family and is their sworn friend. He wears but a jacket over his bare chest and is a tough guy who shaves one side of his head.
- Ignis Scientia (CV: Mamoru Miyano) – A young man who and close friend of Noctis since early childhood. He us composed and serious, and received a special education for gifted children in order to work as a staff officer for Noctis. He acts as the understanding consultant for the clumsy Noctis, whom he follows, and wears glasses with swept back hair.
- Prompto Argentum (CV: Tetsuya Kakihara) – A woman-chasing mood maker who has been quite different from Noctis and friends since their childhood days. He was their bad companion. He minds his childhood friends and has a different social status. In that extent, it seems like he wants to be useful to his friends. He is a bit shorter than Noctis and wears a sleeveless shirt and has messy blond hair.
- Cor Leonis (CV: Hiroki Touchi) – A stubborn military man who has sworn his loyalty to the his country and Noctis’ father, King Regis. He is the commanding officer of the elite imperial guards. Known as the “Immortal Shogun,” he is extremely powerful and one of the top three soldiers in the Lucis kingdom. He is strict with Noctis and his friends. He is sensitive to smoke and is a fellow practitioner of austerities in order to watch Noctis and the others attentively. (I assume it means he dislikes smoke but he bears with Noctis and the others, one of whom must be smoking, as he wants to watch over them.) He is a middle-aged, short-haired man with a grim face.